Weekend in Budapest pt.2

09:24

Hello!
Last week I wrote about the first of three days in Budapest which was mostly sightseeing and settling in the hostel in the evening. The other two were more for independent exploration. Like a group we went down the Vaci utca, which is one of the main and probably the most famous street, to the St. Stephen's Basilica. On  both sides of the street trees are planted and I don't know what kind of tree is it (if anyone knows let me know in the comments) , but they were still green, and as it was a sunny day it gave me some "tropical vibe".



After hearing about the Basilica, we went to the Parliament, stopped along the way to hear about history, monuments, statues... and after that had all the time for ourselves. Before arriving to Budapest I made a list of picturesque places I wanted to visit, places where I wanted to eat, have some tea... but I visited NONE! It's very hard when you're going with someone and that person wants to eat traditional and everyone else you met also, then you're the only one left that doesn't eat meat. So instead of going to a restaurant on my own I lived mainly on pastries for the next two days, which is quite sad since I wanted to see and try a lot. One of the reasons why I'll be back to Budapest on my own during a warmer season is to explore these places, enjoy what Budapest offers.

After lots of walking, getting souvenirs for family and friends, looking for a place where we could all eat and then quitting and going to the store around the corner we rested for a bit in our rooms. I went to the kitchen to make some tea and instead of going back to room I spent the rest of the day in there talking to other travellers, listening to their stories, getting to know each other. When it got late enough we went to Fogashaz ruin bar and had fun.

I spent the third day mostly at the hostel talking to people and going through books on the shelves before we left at 3 or 4pm.

  
Hostels are such a magical place. This was my first stay at a hostel and it was amazing. There are many people from all over the world, with different backgrounds, adventures, experiences. You're all together at the same place at the same time. Spending time together, exploring on your own during daylight and sharing stories of previous adventures in the afternoon 'till late evening when you either go out or go to sleep. At hostels you can make lifelong friendships, meet future travel buddies, or just meet someone who will help you shape your views of the world. 

For me stay at the hostel was inspirational and it made me want to plan another trip right away, which I kinda did. The location of my next trip is known, but the time - not yet. 

Sweetest Ashley , miss you

Do you have any recommendations for the next visit? Favourite places?
As I started the 1st part with a panorama of Budapest, I'll also end this post with one.
 

Goodbye Budapest! See you soon. 
Thank you for reading xx

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Amazing weekend! Wonderful pictures!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos are beautiful and the location looks amazing :)

    http://nikoleannj.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikoletta , Budapest is a wonderful place it has so many beautiful locations.
      xx

      Delete
  3. gorgeous picture! thank you for sharing <3
    Have a Merry Christmas!

    Capturing Life Memoirs | aimeebustillo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Aimee <3
      Have a Merry Christmas also xx

      Delete

Translate